Union Landing ‘Tis the Season to be Shopping Sweepstakes 2022
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY. “Union Landing ‘Tis the Season to be Shopping Sweepstakes 2022” (the “Promotion”) is only open to those who, as of the start date, are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, including the District of Columbia, and who have reached the age of majority in their state or district of residence. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Administrator and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (“Promotion Entities”) involved in the administration of this Promotion, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer, and director, are not eligible to enter.
- TIMING. The Promotion entry period begins on 11/16/22 and ends on 12/12/22 (the “Entry Period”). The administrator’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Promotion.
- HOW TO ENTER. To enter, go to [https://unionlanding.com/index.php/tis-the-season-sweepstakes-2022/] and fill out the required form. Complete and submit all requested information during the Entry Period in accordance with the on-screen instructions. You must complete all required information to be eligible to win. All entries must be received during the Entry Period. Any attempt by any participant to obtain additional entries beyond the limit by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. All Entries become the exclusive property of the Administrator and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt of Administrator.
If you do not wish to enter online, you can enter by submitting the following information on a 3×5 card: name of the sweepstakes, your full name, your full physical address, your email address, and your phone number. Entries must be handwritten and are limited to one entry per household. To protect your email address, your 3×5 card must be sent inside an envelope to the Sweepstakes Administrator below. Duplicate entries, machine reproduced entries, off-sized cards, cards without all required information (including the name of the Sweepstakes), or envelopes without sufficient postage will be rejected. If you wish to receive confirmation of your entry, please include a self-addressed postcard with sufficient postage. These handwritten entries must arrive at the Administrator’s address on or before December 12th, 2022.
Your Entry must not contain any inappropriate or offensive materials, as determined by the Administrator in its sole discretion. Any Entry, which in the sole opinion of Administrator, is deemed inappropriate in any way (e.g., defamation, nudity, pornography, gratuitous violence, inappropriate language, obscene, illegal, racially or morally offensive or likely to transmit or contain a virus, corrupted file or any similar element, etc.), is inconsistent with the theme or image of the Promotion, contains personally identifiable information, or otherwise violates the terms or the spirit of these Official Rules in any way, may be rejected and result in disqualification. Entries must comply with all laws, rules, and regulations including, but not limited to, those concerning copyright, plagiarism, trademark, defamation, and invasion of privacy. The administrator has the right, but not the duty, to review and disqualify any Entry submitted in connection with this Promotion.
In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of an entrant’s Entry, the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the email address or other address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant, but only if that person is otherwise eligible to enter the Promotion. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address or similar electronic address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to the Administrator’s satisfaction, the winning entrant may be deemed ineligible.
Administrator reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to void any and all entries of an entrant who submits more than the stated maximum limit of entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, and logins, or any other methods, or who Administrator believes has attempted to tamper with, influence or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Sweepstakes. Administrators may reject any submitted entry that they determine, in their sole and absolute discretion, fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements. The administrator is not responsible for lost, late, incorrect, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all such entries as well as the entrant.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules, and the decisions of the Administrator (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of Entries, the selection of entrants and the winner, and the awarding of the prize), which are final and binding in all respects.
- DRAWING; ODDS; NOTIFICATION. On or after 12/16/22, the Administrator or Administrator’s designee will randomly select potential winner(s) from among all eligible Entries received. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. The entrant selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements and requests of the Administrator during the verification process. The potential winner will be notified by email. The potential winner may be required to execute and return to Administrator a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (collectively an “Affidavit/Release”) in the form(s) provided by Administrator in order to claim his/her prize. The Affidavit/Release must be returned to the Administrator by the date and/or time indicated. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules or the requests of Administrator, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by Administrator in its sole discretion in his/her place, at random from among all eligible non-winning entries received by Administrator for the Promotion.
- PRIZE(S). One Grand Prize Winner will be awarded in this Promotion. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of a prize is $500 dollars. A “prize” consists of and is limited to only one gift card ($500) per winner. Prize must be accepted as awarded, and the prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact, or in law, made by Administrator or for which Administrator shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The winner is solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, and expenses associated with prize award, receipt, and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes on the prize. For prizes valued at over $600, the prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. If the potential winner does not wish to accept the prize, an alternate winner may be selected at random from the pool of eligible entrants. All details of the prize not set forth herein will be determined by the Administrator at its sole discretion. All entrants and entries are subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age, and other claims of information provided by a potential prize winner.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Administrator’s (and its designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online) now or hereafter known, worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review, approval or consent. Despite the above, the Administrator has no obligation to use such materials in any manner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion if, in Administrator’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, there is any unsportsmanlike, dangerous or disruptive behavior associated with the Promotion, or there are viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Administrator’s reasonable control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such an event, the Administrator reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) in its sole discretion to award prizes from among eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, the Administrator reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
- RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever fully and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Administrator and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, Promotion partners and prize suppliers, and Facebook, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or Entry in the Promotion and/or winner’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Promotion or any prize-related activity.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Administrator is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information or late, lost, misplaced, filtered, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete or misdirected Entries or Entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors, which may occur in the offer or administration of the Promotion or the processing of Entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from The Union Landing website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Administrator or a third party.
- DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in Union City, California; entrant submits to the sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of California for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Administrator in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of California, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at [https://unionlanding.com/index.php/tis-the-season-sweeps-terms/] or by sending a self-addressed envelope to “Union Landing Back to School Sweepstakes 2022” — Rules Request. c/o Zooka Creative 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 180, Mountain View, CA 94040.
- WINNERS LIST. To request a list of winners, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Union Landing ‘Tis the Season to be Shopping Sweepstakes 2022” — “Winner List Request,” c/o Zooka Creative 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 180, Mountain View, CA 94040. Requests must be received by 12/16/22.